KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 708 Posts

·
Administrator
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to KTMDukeForum.com - we are the internet's friendliest KTM Duke site dedicated to the 2013+ KTM Duke! We're all bikers and enthusiasts who love/hate the bike; and we'd like to get you know you a bit better.

Please post here your introductions; tell us a bit more about yourself. Who are you, what do you ride, how long have you been riding, are you excited/angry about the KTM Duke, and anything else you want us to know about yourself.

---
Your KTM Duke Admins

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy

Just found this through the interwebs. Interested in both the Duke 690 and 390 for the wife. Looking forward to talking to you guys soon.

Mark

·
Administrator
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
new here!
been riding for a bit on a cbr250 and recently heard about the new duke, came here in search of more info on it and to share what i ever info i have. If I like it enough, I might get it.
Welcome HazardousDuke, I hope your name is not an indication of how you ride :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all! Just joined after seeing a post on ktmforums.com, great looking site and good idea as I am only ever on the duke forum anyhow.

So I live in the South West of the UK and I have a 2013 Duke 690, new to KTMs since I bought her about 3 months ago, already covered over 2000 miles and counting with the biggest grin ever.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey all! Just joined after seeing a post on ktmforums.com, great looking site and good idea as I am only ever on the duke forum anyhow.

So I live in the South West of the UK and I have a 2013 Duke 690, new to KTMs since I bought her about 3 months ago, already covered over 2000 miles and counting with the biggest grin ever.
Very nice, welcome aboard :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,
Guess some of you will recognize me from KTMforums.com which I've been using regularly since I got my 690 Duke.

Done a few upgrades etc. along the road, and do some RoadRacing with it.

Love the bike :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI I just bought a 690 Duke and live in the Bay Area USA. Ive been reading back and forth in both forums and hopefully we can get more traffic moving here

·
Registered
533 Posts
hey everyone, joined up a few days ago. Still shopping the Duke, also interested in the FZ-09 and maybe the Ducati Scrambler if those Italians ever get their act together ;)

look forward to interacting with you hoolingans, from what I've read on other forums the Duke is a hooners bike :D:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Eagerly Waiting for my Duke 390

Hello Dukers, I from Bangalore, India. I had been riding Yamaha FZ-S for a while, no matter what ever mods i did to the bike i couldn't get the feel of raw power. when the launch of Duke 390 was announced i very well knew the bike is tailored exactly to quench my thirst for more power and more rides.

Had a test ride and my MIND = BLOWN!!

Hope to share and get some information on bike, mods and rides.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Dukers all over the globe!

Im Azrul, from Kuching, Malaysia. I'm about to bought the Duke 390 which just launch in Malaysia last week, 16 October 2013. 1st batch will be on the road by 1st-2nd week of Nov2013.

Hope to learn and share lot of tips & info from you guys here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Previously i ride on my mini 125cc scooter and 110cc Honda moped in congested area of my city :/. Now i'm planning to get Duke 390 as a entry level. And more important, have fun on weekend riding :)

·
Registered
200 Posts

@Norcot

First of all Welcome to the forum!

Also congrats on your purchase! How do you like the 690? I am planning on getting my hands on one when it arrives in NA.

2000 Miles? sounds like you did a whole lot of riding.

Which bike have you owned in the past if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi all,
Guess some of you will recognize me from KTMforums.com which I've been using regularly since I got my 690 Duke.

Done a few upgrades etc. along the road, and do some RoadRacing with it.

Love the bike :)

Welcome! @TheHaughom

which upgrades have you done to your 690 its not the R model is it. Let me guess you changed the rear damper out because it was too soft! :D

did I guess right?

·
Registered
200 Posts
HI I just bought a 690 Duke and live in the Bay Area USA. Ive been reading back and forth in both forums and hopefully we can get more traffic moving here
@vizcarmb

Are you the only one in bay area with the 690 or are there others?

I heard there is a big bike scene down there especially on the weekends, is this true?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome @TheHaughom! Are you thinking about also adding a 390 to your arsenal?
Nah, no 390 for me. If anything it would be one of the 1290 SDR's :rolleyes:

Welcome! @TheHaughom

which upgrades have you done to your 690 its not the R model is it. Let me guess you changed the rear damper out because it was too soft! :D

did I guess right?
I've got the regular one (however it's more tricked out than the R), and no - I haven't done anything with the shock/forks.
I find the shock and forks pretty nice, and I regularly do roadracing sessions with the bike.

Current upgrades:
- R&G Racing Tail Tidy
- R&G Racing Axle sliders (front & rear)
- R&G Racing Rear Shock Tube
- R&G Racing Radiator Guard
- R&G Racing modified exhaust slider
- Akrapovic titanium slipon exhaust
- Fresco Exhaust de-cat pipe (straight through system)
- Re-mapped ECU
- Airbox and filter upgrade
- Racing cam-shaft
- Powerparts (PP) ergo seat
- PP pillion seat
- PP crashbars
- PP handguards (brackets painted black)
- Custom mirror from Ebay
- Homemade DB-killer
- Renthal SX/MX KTM low-bend handlebar
- PP orange triple clamp
- Renthal bar mounts
- MG Biketech Shorty Levers
- RapidBike Evo (similar to PowerCommander)

Planned upgrades:
- Paint subframe this winter (either black or orange)
- LED turn signals (or rear light w/built in turn signals)
- DNA Stage 1 & 2 airfilters

Possible upgrades:
- Carbon fiber bellypan
- Brembo RCS15 master brake cylinder

1 - 20 of 708 Posts