KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 735 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
new member!

hello all!
ive had my duke for a few months now, done just over 400 miles on it. at first I loved it because of the speed, I had a Yamaha wr 125x before so its a lot quicker :D. sort of fell out of love with it because I wanted another supermoto sooo bad but after a couple rides in the sun the past week im loving it again. so im interested in what mods I can do it, to make it a bit more unique. already have a tail day and tank pad but that's it. anybody know if you can get some higher handlebars for it? thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello from Down Under

I have been riding for many years dirt tracks and road all over Australia.
As I am getting shorter by the minute..I am looking at trading my SV1000 for a KTM390. I might miss the speed and acceleration of the SV but that might save my license as the boys in blues are more and intolerant towards motorcyclists.
The KTM 390 is light and will be nice to ride on the windy roads, will fit easily inside my van for long distance travels.
I would like to use it to go shopping and camping; looking for a rack to put a top box to lock my cameras, a more comfortable seat and a large tank....

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi all, newbie here from the UK, I've been lurking for a few months, just joined, thought I'd best say hello. Took delivery of a 390 yesterday, I've had loads of Hondas over the last 25yrs of biking, from 80cc right up to Blades, always had sports bikes. Bought a 125 Duke a few months back for sh1ts and giggles and liked it, just lacked oomph. The 390 is standard at the moment, I've taken all the Powerparts off the 125 and will be putting them on the 390 over the next week or so and then it'll have an Akra and map put on it. Looking also to change the wheels to black with Plasti Dip and change the decals on it, really liking the Photoshop mock up that MitchB put up of his 390r design.

So, er, hello *waves*

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hye guys, happy to see all of KTM members uploading and sharing info..with right resource hopefully pointing me to a right direction...counting days to meet my Duke 390..

New here..play nice with me kay!!...hehehe...cheers...

·
Registered
1 Posts
oy oy :~))

Hi,

I have been an Enfield rider for about 12 years, before that I have had Yezdi roadking & always have loved/ respected the RD350 :)

Sold one of my Enfields (1998 model) last year and bought KTM 390. Now I have one Enfield & a KTM. Although honestly am not been able to do justice in riding both cause of lack of time.
I got my 390 in the first lot of 7 bikes in Delhi last year. Till now superb performance & have no complaints. The only thing on my mind is to get a free flow asap :) recently i checked out the adventure model that is to be released next year, if i had a choice between 390 & adv series i would go for adv series as I like riding to the mountains with my wife.

Well hope to get some inputs on this forum, looking forward.

Cheers,
Sawrab

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, I am from Bangalore, India and have been riding a KTM Duke 390 for the last 5 months. I am a 'born again' biker, who, a long time ago had an Enfield Bullet 350 and a Yamaha RD 350. I am mighty pleased with the Duke 390. I am also a DIY kind of person and like to maintain my bikes myself.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Hii there

I have been biker for a long time. I got this Duke 390 not even a month i am loving it. I have a lot to tell about this bike dunno where to start and where to post...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone,
I'm from Vietnam! Correct me if I'm wrong, but probably I'm the only Vietnamese here.
I have been riding motorbikes for nearly 20 years and I just got my Duke 390 3 weeks ago. I will make another thread just to share with you folks about my experiences with my Duke.
Cheers,

·
Banned
79 Posts
They call me *FaLLeN$AnGeL* aka gizmo freak;Having lived in quite a few parts of INDIA, I hold deeply rooted in unique culture, people often claim that my view of the world is vastly different than the norm. Whether that is a positive or negative thing is beyond me, but people seem to enjoy my company, and I likewise enjoy socializing.

Complex machines have always fascinated me and tickled my curiosity. Mom wasn’t too happy when I tore apart the computer, nor was she ecstatic when I began modifying my CARS & BIKES.At the beginning the computer seemed like a box of magic, 30 minutes with a screwdriver and a few computer science courses later, I was smacked with reality. Same holds true for the concept of an internal combustion engine used to propel an object with wheels; while I’m still learning about this topic I have the basics down pact. The human body is the next step, exponentially more complex and just as equally intriguing.

I’m still at the age where I am able to vastly change my goals in life without too much fuss. To be honest I wish I could stay in academia forever, but I need to feed my consumer electronics habit somehow. IIT MUMBAI INDIA... IS , not more than a 30 minute drive away from my house. I requested a tour of the facilities but have been denied.Thats me lets see wanna know more????........

I NEVER SAY THAT I BUY BIKES ... BECAUSE I FEEL THAT BIKES HAVE SOUL I TREAT THEM LIKE LADIES AND HAVE NAMES FOR THEM... SO I HAD FOLLOWING LADIES IN MY LIFE CBR 600(2007),CUSTOM CHOPPER,KTM 390 DUKE .... AND MANY MORE... A LONG LIST OF WOMEN IN MY LIFE ;-)

·
Registered
8 Posts
i am a new here but a old rider i am of 30 ys old i own a duke 390 white TN37CE9786 IS MI BIKE DONE 7K FROM OCTOBER 10TH TILL DATE. I AM VERY GLAD TO JOIN HERE
Welcome to KTMDukeForum.com - we are the internet's friendliest KTM Duke site dedicated to the 2013+ KTM Duke! We're all bikers and enthusiasts who love/hate the bike; and we'd like to get you know you a bit better.

Please post here your introductions; tell us a bit more about yourself. Who are you, what do you ride, how long have you been riding, are you excited/angry about the KTM Duke, and anything else you want us to know about yourself.

---
Your KTM Duke Admins

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

I'm from Singapore. Been riding for the last 15 years. Read up on the Duke 390 and decided it really looked like a fun bike. Took delivery of the bike yesterday and hoping to do some mods to it and bring it the the track with my other bike (RSV4) for some track day fun...

Glad I found this forum!!

Cheers!
Cheng Hong

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello From Bogota-Colombia

We have the duke since december Colombia has an assembly factory in Medellin.

I have duke since march and i am very happy with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello..........

Hello my name is David i am from portugal,,,,, i been riding bikes for a long time, and now i got a duke, and i am having a really good time ... thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from Chennai, India. I am born again biker..have had the Duke 390 for three months now and enjoy it thoroughly. Chasing a dream to bike around Europe with the KTM..:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello from the World as I know it!
Maintenance Team Leader with Seadrill Offshore Drilling (for finance).
Motorcycle Mechanic / Engineer, (for love).
KTM Man from the start of the New KTM Era.
Have been racing Moto-X with KTM for the last 18 Years.
Guess I'm dedicated!
Moto-X - 50cc x 2, 65cc x 2, 85cc x2, 144cc x 1, 150cc x 2, 250Fcc x 1, 350Fcc x 1, 250cc x 1, Kawasaki 450F x 1 Then back to winning with KTM 2T 250cc & 2T 300cc.
Boys still racing hard (should really be thinking about a job)
Road - 990 Superduke, 999 Battle R (132bhp), 390 Duke (nice toy).
Hello, If I can help with any problems,... I will.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI dukers!

anyone interested on some blings on your duke? check this smart adaptive brake lights @vizi-tec.com. 100% plug and play and rock solid construction. Totally different from those cheap annoying china-made brake lights that blinks everytime you activate your brakes. Up to 10 pre-programmed/pre loaded light modulations (i like #2 and #5 mods). this somewhat similar to those found in high end luxury cars like bmw's adaptive brake lights.

Big thanks to the creator/designer Bernard Lautee (cool guy:cool:)for making a custom-made smart brake light for my duke 200 and 390.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently retired and sold my Blade and ZZR6 to buy a Duke390 and I am pleased with it. I expect it will be my last bike so I intend to enjoy it. Pleased to meet you all.

DonDay

·
Registered
200 Posts
Recently retired and sold my Blade and ZZR6 to buy a Duke390 and I am pleased with it. I expect it will be my last bike so I intend to enjoy it. Pleased to meet you all.

DonDay
welcome to the forum @donday.

whats the plans with the 390? doing any mods on it or taking it for any nice trips?

41 - 60 of 735 Posts