KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
741 - 760 of 770 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey all, I just got a used 2020 390 Duke a few days ago...now I have to face the Covid19 messed up NJDVM to register it! Rode it once (on a private closed road of course), and absolutely love it. I have a Grom also...very glad to be here!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got a 2019 390 in July.
Great bike. It rips below 120km
The lurching below 4000 was disturbing though. I got a Powertronic which made bike into a race track worthy bike, however lurching was still there. I added a bung and an AME wide band gauge.
I then added 5-20% fuel at 2500 to 4000 rpm, up to 20% load.
As long as I modulate throttle every 5 seconds or so, lurching is gone !
I added a potentiometer as a voltage reducer to o2 sensor; Works perfectly.
I can adjust closed loop afr while riding. The low speed jerking is completely gone at 13.5 afr.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All!

New here and hoping to get my Duke soon.

If somebody could point me in the direction of where to discuss earlier model 390 Dukes(2014, 2015) and how they do at high mileage 70 000km+ and related items

Thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All!

New here and hoping to get my Duke soon.

If somebody could point me in the direction of where to discuss earlier model 390 Dukes(2014, 2015) and how they do at high mileage 70 000km+ and related items

Thank you!
Hi JPM,

Well thanks and good for you!, although the Duke 390 seem like a sturdy bike (and I would be surprised to see some with 50K +) you have to keep in mind that this is a monocylinder and they need preventive maintenance, after 40 K Klicks you might have to tear the engine apart and re-do-it!, very simple mechanic and easy to work on!

I myself went with the 2019 because I have to like what I ride, but then I wasn't disapointed with the overall performance, that thing is a little Monster! and it drive superb! from the seating position to the ergonoomic I can't hardly find a defect, except the rear shock but then....I replaced it with an Ohlin! lol good luck with you choice!

·
Super Moderator
1,802 Posts
Hi jpm III,

Welcome to the forum.
All generations Duke/RC 390 are discussed here, I ride a 2015 Duke 390 (because I also ride what I like) and if regular oil changes (+filter) have been observed I see no reason to rebuild the engine.
If you buy this second hand at 70,000 km I would renew all fluids (including brakes), and do the 15 minute ECU reset procedure (search the forum).
Check fork seals and renew the spark plug.
Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi jpm III,

Welcome to the forum.
All generations Duke/RC 390 are discussed here, I ride a 2015 Duke 390 (because I also ride what I like) and if regular oil changes (+filter) have been observed I see no reason to rebuild the engine.
If you buy this second hand at 70,000 km I would renew all fluids (including brakes), and do the 15 minute ECU reset procedure (search the forum).
Check fork seals and renew the spark plug.
Enjoy the ride.
Thank you KTMasean, appreciate the input. Mind if I ask whats the mileage on yours?
Thanks again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi JPM,

Well thanks and good for you!, although the Duke 390 seem like a sturdy bike (and I would be surprised to see some with 50K +) you have to keep in mind that this is a monocylinder and they need preventive maintenance, after 40 K Klicks you might have to tear the engine apart and re-do-it!, very simple mechanic and easy to work on!

I myself went with the 2019 because I have to like what I ride, but then I wasn't disapointed with the overall performance, that thing is a little Monster! and it drive superb! from the seating position to the ergonoomic I can't hardly find a defect, except the rear shock but then....I replaced it with an Ohlin! lol good luck with you choice!
Thank you Duke of Wentworth!
Will definitely take it into consideration

·
Super Moderator
1,802 Posts
I ride 2 Dukes, 1x 200 (2012) and a 390 (2015).
The 390 has just over 30,000 km and the 200 close to 50,000 km.
The 390 I bought new and so all services are according to maintenance schedule (or earlier).
The 200 I bought second hand from a young guy that has probably ridden her harder than I would but no idea on the service on this bike.
The 390 has been stationary now for over 1 year as I left Thailand in Feb. 2019 and have not been able to get back in.
The 200 I ride in Laos most every month on trips around the country ranging from 1,500 km to over 3,500 km.

Thank you KTMasean, appreciate the input. Mind if I ask whats the mileage on yours?
Thanks again

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi guys, added a Duke 390 as a stablemate for my XSR700, mainly for commuting but who knows it might displace the XSR. First new bike I've had in 30 plus years of riding, look forward to the first ride after delivery on the 5th.

·
Registered
2018 KTM Duke 390
4 Posts
Welcome to KTMDukeForum.com - we are the internet's friendliest KTM Duke site dedicated to the 2013+ KTM Duke! We're all bikers and enthusiasts who love/hate the bike; and we'd like to get you know you a bit better.

Please post here your introductions; tell us a bit more about yourself. Who are you, what do you ride, how long have you been riding, are you excited/angry about the KTM Duke, and anything else you want us to know about yourself.

---
Your KTM Duke Admins
Welcome to KTMDukeForum.com - we are the internet's friendliest KTM Duke site dedicated to the 2013+ KTM Duke! We're all bikers and enthusiasts who love/hate the bike; and we'd like to get you know you a bit better.

Please post here your introductions; tell us a bit more about yourself. Who are you, what do you ride, how long have you been riding, are you excited/angry about the KTM Duke, and anything else you want us to know about yourself.

---
Your KTM Duke Admins

---
Your KTM Duke Admins
Hello from Wenatchee Washington USA! Old fart recently getting back into the Moto life. Just added to the stable with a 2018 Duke 390, cream puff perfect with 1820miles on the clock, basically a new bike! Stoked with it thus far except the left fork leg started leaking once I got it home, strange but oh well, just got a 43mm Motion Pro seal driver today so it'll be back together by sundown, as I look outside at snow on the ground :(......
Please be patient with me, not alot of experience with forum format, I tend to struggle with it.
Cheers, Skip

·
Registered
3 Posts

---
Your KTM Duke Admins
Hey
New here love my 2017 390 duke
I'm 60 yrs old riding for 50 yrs
I own the Duke a 2012 Triumph Tiger 800xc and a 2006 RM 125All my bases covered
Look forward to talking tech with you guys
Ride Fast

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Duke people. My name is Matt from Australia. I came late to riding in my late 30s (only started about 6 years ago). I have been riding Hondas up until now... but about to make the leap and fork out some hard earned $$ for a Duke 390. Pretty keen to hear people's experience with ownership (pros/cons) look forward to being part of the community.

·
Registered
1 Posts

---
Your KTM Duke Admins
New guy. Any hints on a smooth start from a stop in 1st? I keep killing it because the throttle is pretty light and I have too much gas before the clutch kicks in and I darn near pull the bike out from under me!

·
Registered
747 Posts
New guy. Any hints on a smooth start from a stop in 1st? I keep killing it because the throttle is pretty light and I have too much gas before the clutch kicks in and I darn near pull the bike out from under me!
Welcome!

It’s just clutch control. Raise the revs only a little then let the clutch out till you feel it bite before adding more throttle.

·
Registered
2015 KTM Duke 390 - 2015 KTM SuperDuke 1290 R
2 Posts
Hello from Hamburg, Germany

I'm Rainer aka Balze and live in a small village near Hamburg, Germany.
I'm 51 years old and have a son (15) and a daugther (13).
I ride motorcycles for 33 years now.
Currently I own a 2015 SuperDuke 1290 R. :D Balzes Beast ;)

After 25 years of abstinence my wife decided to ride a motorcycle again. :cool:
I'm very happy with the quality of my SDR.
Thus I decidated to look for a KTM that matches the needs of my wife.

I found a 2015 Duke 390 with only 3357km allready equipt with a lowering kit.
That's why I'm collecting information about this bike now.
It's currently prepared for an airbrush design. I'll post a photo when it's finished.

My son just recently bought a 2016 Duke 125. He'll be allowed to ride it in November.
My daugther is sad that she have to wait 3 more years. :p

A great and safe season to everyone!

Cheers

Balze

·
Registered
1 Posts

---
Your KTM Duke Admins
Hey I am Manoj
Owner of duke 390 bs6
Came to know the tyre info
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All, My name is Salil from Pune and i ride a duke 390 - BS6 model just got the bike a month ago and it is my 1st bike.
After trying many options in the market - (Below are my personal views on the same)

bmw g310r, (was closest to finalise, just missing ktm display and power)
Kawasaki Ninja 300, (really uncomfortable after 70 kms)
benelli tnt300, (great sound, great for straight roads, scary on corners)
himalayan, (Its an effort to enjoy the seat comfort)
dominar 400 (Takes Too much Effort to enjoy the bike)

I went for the KTM with the main thought, that if i want to enjoy, why compromise on power.

Take weekend rides around pune, open to ride with like minded people.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Hamburg, Germany

I'm Rainer aka Balze and live in a small village near Hamburg, Germany.
I'm 51 years old and have a son (15) and a daugther (13).
I ride motorcycles for 33 years now.
Currently I own a 2015 SuperDuke 1290 R. :D Balzes Beast ;)

After 25 years of abstinence my wife decided to ride a motorcycle again. :cool:
I'm very happy with the quality of my SDR.
Thus I decidated to look for a KTM that matches the needs of my wife.

I found a 2015 Duke 390 with only 3357km allready equipt with a lowering kit.
That's why I'm collecting information about this bike now.
It's currently prepared for an airbrush design. I'll post a photo when it's finished.

My son just recently bought a 2016 Duke 125. He'll be allowed to ride it in November.
My daugther is sad that she have to wait 3 more years. :p

A great and safe season to everyone!

Cheers

Balze

View attachment 53269

View attachment 53270
Hey Balze, good call going for the 390 .. your superduke however looks beautiful !

741 - 760 of 770 Posts