KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
781 - 798 of 798 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Also, there's no difference in the engine displacement.

·
Registered
2016 KTM Duke 390
23 Posts

Your paperwork is wrong.

Comes up as Duke.

Your dealer doesn't sound very knowledgeable.

ECU, connectors are same between the RC and Duke so piggyback tuners are interchangeable.

Excellent! Ive been eyeballing the stage 2 ECU for the Rc 390 :). Deletes the piggy back and gets a REAL tuned BCU on there :)

·
Registered
2016 KTM Duke 390
23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Excellent! Ive been eyeballing the stage 2 ECU for the Rc 390 :). Deletes the piggy back and gets a REAL tuned BCU on there :)
Where did you see those? 2017+ are different, including throttle by wire...

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
2016 KTM Duke 390
23 Posts
Reactions: duke200

·
Registered
2016 KTM Duke 390
23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Here the link

or one OF the possible links, you need to do some digging on Google to find stuff
They probably won't ship to the US.

Open lid and dyno tune with your current piggyback and exhaust probably better choice. Then from there, you could consider Gray Area KTM intake runner, injector for more top end, but will require a tune again.

I'm not aware of any of the US based folks who race the RC390s using any of these flashed ECUs.

·
Registered
2016 KTM Duke 390
23 Posts
They probably won't ship to the US.

Open lid and dyno tune with your current piggyback and exhaust probably better choice. Then from there, you could consider Gray Area KTM intake runner, injector for more top end, but will require a tune again.

I'm not aware of any of the US based folks who race the RC390s using any of these flashed ECUs.
I'm VERY new to the KTM scene...I know absolutely nothing lol. From what I've read though getting a god ECU vs a piggyback is always the move, and maybe a better exhaust would be good. I like the IXIL underseat due to looks & sound. The Competition Werks I have is a little to jarring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a new KTM 390 Duke owner as of January 6, 2022. I've been riding many different motorcycles quite actively for 40+ years. I've been buying lighter, easier handling bikes in the last few years. Two in the stable -- RE 650 Interceptor and the new 390 Duke. No substantial complaints with either. Have a little less than 200 miles on the 390 so far but already it is breaking in nicely and I'm quite happy with it. One gripe -- I really can't stand the red flashing on the info screen when the bike's rpms get up around 6500 but still well south of the maximum break-in revs of 7500. Thankfully the distraction on the screen has no effect on performance. Glad all of you are here on the forum.

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
I'm a new KTM 390 Duke owner as of January 6, 2022. I've been riding many different motorcycles quite actively for 40+ years. I've been buying lighter, easier handling bikes in the last few years. Two in the stable -- RE 650 Interceptor and the new 390 Duke. No substantial complaints with either. Have a little less than 200 miles on the 390 so far but already it is breaking in nicely and I'm quite happy with it. One gripe -- I really can't stand the red flashing on the info screen when the bike's rpms get up around 6500 but still well south of the maximum break-in revs of 7500. Thankfully the distraction on the screen has no effect on performance. Glad all of you are here on the forum.
Welcome to the group; and Congrats on your new 390 😎

I’m with you on small, lightweight bikes - with a fun / smile ratio that bellies their cubic capacity 👊

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to KTMDukeForum.com - we are the internet's friendliest KTM Duke site dedicated to the 2013+ KTM Duke! We're all bikers and enthusiasts who love/hate the bike; and we'd like to get you know you a bit better.

Please post here your introductions; tell us a bit more about yourself. Who are you, what do you ride, how long have you been riding, are you excited/angry about the KTM Duke, and anything else you want us to know about yourself.

---
Your KTM Duke Admins
Hi. Iam manager of fencehouses mot centre. I do all classes of mot 1,2,3,4,5,7 testing. Own 2016 ktm duke. Which lives in the rear of a rv. Only ride when in europe or uk when its sunny. Out loadsa extras on it.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to KTMDukeForum.com - we are the internet's friendliest KTM Duke site dedicated to the 2013+ KTM Duke! We're all bikers and enthusiasts who love/hate the bike; and we'd like to get you know you a bit better.

Please post here your introductions; tell us a bit more about yourself. Who are you, what do you ride, how long have you been riding, are you excited/angry about the KTM Duke, and anything else you want us to know about yourself.

---
Your KTM Duke Admins
Hi. Just picked up my 2018 Duke today!
Taking it easy learning the bike.
Already like it a LOT!

Living in Athens, Greece.

781 - 798 of 798 Posts