259 Posts

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
shush319 has a 2016.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Changed the gearing. Fitted a 42 tooth rear sprocket (standard on a Duke 200) instead of the OEM 45 tooth. I like it. 1st was so low as to be virtually unusable and I was always hitting the rev limiter in the lower gears. This now gives me a little more spread in each gear and I can see over the ton in 6th. So far no down side that I can see.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do you have a picture of the fitment as interested myself but would assume an outer frame that screws the filter in place was needed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Have you installed the race version or the standard one?
What is holding the air filter element in place now?
My bike is a 2016 (17+ is different), the airbox top is two parts that you can separate and keep just the lower frame part to secure the filter in. Just remove the 4 screws from the under part of the lid, heat it up a bit with a heat gun to soften the adhesive, and pry the top and frame apart. Toss the top and keep the frame :D

Looks like this (not mine, but exactly the same):

·
Registered
900 Posts
Thanks, shush319 for this.
Mine is a late 2015 but if I recall correctly the lid looks different although according to the spare parts catalogue it is the same?
I will take a look the next time I have it off.
It looks like you use the racing DNA filter instead of the standard.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks, shush319 for this.
Mine is a late 2015 but if I recall correctly the lid looks different although according to the spare parts catalogue it is the same?
I will take a look the next time I have it off.
It looks like you use the racing DNA filter instead of the standard.
15-16 is the same. Standard or racing filter still fits the same. This simple mod is way better than paying $60-80 for a piece of plastic. :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
I really like the looks of the black wheels MUCH better than the **** orange ones my 16 has.
Yeah I love the black wheels. It's easy to do. Get a set of the Duke 125 wheels and swap the front disc over. Everything else is match, in fact I think with the 2016 and earlier bikes even the front disc is the same.

Sell the orange wheels after and and you will have a basically zero cost paint swap :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah I love the black wheels. It's easy to do. Get a set of the Duke 125 wheels and swap the front disc over. Everything else is match, in fact I think with the 2016 and earlier bikes even the front disc is the same.

Sell the orange wheels after and and you will have a basically zero cost paint swap :)
That would cost more than just getting the orange wheels powder coated for those of us here in the USA, we don't have the 125 Duke here....... :(

·
Registered
259 Posts
That would cost more than just getting the orange wheels powder coated for those of us here in the USA, we don't have the 125 Duke here....... :(
Ah that's a shame. Though I don't think the 125 would make sense in the USA. It does in the EU due to the licensing rules.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I fitted a carbon fibre exhaust shield to the Leo Vince system:

It was a cheap eBay item that cost only ~ £11/$14.
Does it work? Who knows?
As I see it, it cannot do any harm, and it may keep some heat from the rear suspension unit (RSU).
What was KTM thinking of by placing the exhaust so close to the RSU?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Installed a DNA filter and removed the lid from the top of the airbox, no aftermarket or 3d printed frame necessary. Intake growl is freaking awesome, sounds mean as **** above half throttle! Cant wait to ride her again (healing from hernia surgery 1.5 wks ago) and let the RapidBike EVO do it's job changing the map for the extra airflow.......
Pain has finally subsided enough to actually ride a bit. Man the power feels (butt DYNO) MUCH stronger. 2nd gear power wheelies off small bumps is RAD, and 2nd gear clutch ups are easy peasy! That intake growl reminds me of the air-box sound on my R6 at high revs. Need more seat time for the RB EVO to do it's thing, but I can say without any doubt, the DNA Race filter and open air-box makes a noticeable difference and definitely worth the cost of the filter. >:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Pain has finally subsided enough to actually ride a bit. Man the power feels (butt DYNO) MUCH stronger. 2nd gear power wheelies off small bumps is RAD, and 2nd gear clutch ups are easy peasy! That intake growl reminds me of the air-box sound on my R6 at high revs. Need more seat time for the RB EVO to do it's thing, but I can say without any doubt, the DNA Race filter and open air-box makes a noticeable difference and definitely worth the cost of the filter. >:D
How did you do to remove the lid of the filter and leave it open? Could you explain a little and attach some photos?

I'm very interested!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
384 Posts
Valves. At 6600 miles I finally settled myself in to check and adjust the valves following the guides posted here. Got in, and both of my valves on the right side (intake and exhaust) are tight, so out came the cams, slipped out and measured the shims, ran down to the local KTM dealer and nope, they don’t have a shim kit, gotta order them individually. So, I hope to heck I ordered the right sizes because I won’t know until next freaking weekend when they show up. In the meantime, imma figure out how to install the fuel controller I got for my birthday last June.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Valves. At 6600 miles I finally settled myself in to check and adjust the valves following the guides posted here. Got in, and both of my valves on the right side (intake and exhaust) are tight, so out came the cams, slipped out and measured the shims, ran down to the local KTM dealer and nope, they don’t have a shim kit, gotta order them individually. So, I hope to heck I ordered the right sizes because I won’t know until next freaking weekend when they show up. In the meantime, imma figure out how to install the fuel controller I got for my birthday last June.
Got a Harley dealer nearby? Same size shims as the Harley V-Rod I believe...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Took a little mental grinding but I figured out how to get the wiring harness into the bike and all of the respective dongles connected. I’ll have to hold off installing the actual controller because of course the cams are still out waiting for my replacement shims. One step at a time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
finally, the adapter finished, it does fit perfectly, the ABS still working though, and it m feels like braking is more soft on the lever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2061 - 2080 of 2108 Posts