KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

2121 - 2139 of 2139 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I added a 14 tooth front sprocket. I honestly do not notice any difference at all. I am going to actually count the teeth on the one I got just to make sure I didn’t get ripped off, it’s so similar. If it is indeed a 14 tooth sprocket then I am going to go with a 47 tooth rear and hopefully that livens this little beast up a bit more.
2017 Duke 390

·
Registered
453 Posts
Installed a 3.5 bar fuel pressure regulator instead of the 2.7 bar stock. I was good at closed loop because of the DIY lambda sensor voltage manipulator, now I am finally better at the open loop with an estimated AFR at 13:1.

Regulator cost 30$ and brought from ebay. Installation very easy if you take out fuel tank, just remove a clip and pop up the regulator with 2 thin screwdrivers.

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
I added a 14 tooth front sprocket. I honestly do not notice any difference at all. I am going to actually count the teeth on the one I got just to make sure I didn’t get ripped off, it’s so similar. If it is indeed a 14 tooth sprocket then I am going to go with a 47 tooth rear and hopefully that livens this little beast up a bit more.
2017 Duke 390
You might be expecting too much from that mod. - it won’t make a massive difference. Check to see how much impact it has on your top speed and how often you have to change gear.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The jerkyness caused by lean closed loop mixture cannot go away with shorter gearing but with rapid bike easy, remap, piggy back ecu, booster plug or a Diy lambda sensor manipulator (that I described to one of my posts).

no need to go IMO unless you have other engine mods (exhaust, airbox, etc).

Stock engine has great power more than we will ever need unless we are street drag racers which I dislike because we cannot play Russian roulette with our body's future competency. A permanent disability is one of the worst things that can happen due to street racing and we will be regretting it for the rest of our life.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Huh? You lost me on this one. Criminals?
It’s illegal in almost all parts of the world to fake copyrighted items such as logos. It’s also illegal in almost all countries to import them - border services will impound and destroy the item if found though I’ll grant that the average customs officer wouldn’t spot this. If that were to happen however you could in theory then get a visit from the police and get a criminal record (in theory, never going to happen for one exhaust import).

Because of that these are not made in a fully legal factory. As a result there is a whole host of associated criminal activities associated with it - bribes, tax evasion, money laundering etc. How well do you think the employees are treated in places where the owners don’t care about the laws and rules?

The biggest problem of course is that people support this industry.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It’s illegal in almost all parts of the world to fake copyrighted items such as logos. It’s also illegal in almost all countries to import them - border services will impound and destroy the item if found though I’ll grant that the average customs officer wouldn’t spot this. If that were to happen however you could in theory then get a visit from the police and get a criminal record (in theory, never going to happen for one exhaust import).

Because of that these are not made in a fully legal factory. As a result there is a whole host of associated criminal activities associated with it - bribes, tax evasion, money laundering etc. How well do you think the employees are treated in places where the owners don’t care about the laws and rules?

The biggest problem of course is that people support this industry.

Holy cow, I didnt realize it was a knock off piece

·
Registered
437 Posts
It's also not right to charge us 300$ for something not costing more than 50, but yes its better to remove the logo.

If you don’t want to pay the price don’t pay it, no one is twisting your arm to buy premium priced products. Plenty of cheap decent looking exhausts out there.

People moan a lot about over priced exhausts but over the years I’ve seen a lot of good exhaust manufacturers go out of business because they can’t compete with the cheap imports and the fakes. If the products were as overpriced as you suggest they would all still be in business.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ordered a bajaj fan for it, OEM ktm part prices are too high in Turkey. hopefully and probably they use the same hardware :)
and please! don't use your motorcycle if ANY cooling system problem is present. Seriously, DON'T.

2121 - 2139 of 2139 Posts