Tossed my new can on.
Nice looking rack, I like. Wishing there was something that extended the rack over the end of the tail light a bit for more luggage space though. Any pics of the mounting brackets with the rack off?Pillion Rack
I have been finding the Duke has a lack of good bungie hoop mounting points and not a lot of real estate to plant stuff on the rear seat.
KTM Powersport pillion rack ordered
Install time about 5 minutes basic pre assembly in the living room, about 5 minutes at the bike.
its small and unobtrusive, built more for looks than function but it does seem to work.
- four quick releases and the top half can pop off with what ever you have bungied on
- gives places to hook bungie cords
- it looks good
- much easier to strap small items to the duker
- over priced
- heavier than expected
- oddball shape that looks good is less than fully practical
- stated " 5kg" load limit
- theft potential if someone figured out the four removable fasteners
- size limit, one bulky leather jacket
- add some velcro to top of rack with some on the bottom of my samsonite briefcase
-drill a hole on to padlock top plate to side mounts
- half hitch up some cord for better bungie hook attaching
- might see about bolting on some extension plate/s towards the tail
That looks really neat on the bike and with the seat pad installed.View attachment 52542
I made the underseat plastic protoype to install the race seat foam. It makes the seat so much narrower and I really like the overall look when its on. You can see more from blog: Building the race seat prototype . Also try to make photo today with the foam and the part installed on bike. I really like the design with this installed. Also will make graphics to match the tank and rear seat cover. Stay tuned!
Thanks! I'm also loving it. The seat is so narrow and I even love the firmness when you ride it. Also the foam do not slip, so my hands are more relaxed during braking.That looks really neat on the bike and with the seat pad installed.