KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2209 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
New KTM powersports handguards ( high )

Perfect bolt right on. Noticeable difference on the hands with wind chil.

Still waiting on the KTM Powerparts Baggage Carrier to show up, probably won’t use it till next spring.

Trying, with absolutely no success, to find a plug-n-play break light flasher unit.... if anyone has any leads on one let me know.

Also did the first oil change today at 315 miles. Will do it again at 620. After reading that the stock oil is junk, decided to just do a quick change. **** getting that filter out is a bitch. Ordered a super strong magnet for next time. Don’t know if it psychological or not, but it sure seems to run better, smoother and quieter with the new oil. Motorex 15w/50 Top Speed.

Can’t wait to get to 620 so I can rev it out.

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke 390
12 Posts
I rolling stoppied with a lane change in the city in front of cops... opps.... luckily a begger was wandering in the middle of the 4 lane road before the lights so I played the "emergency braking" card which they let fly even though one of the cops was tapping his pen on my wheelie bar

·
Registered
32 Posts
I put some Givi hand guards and a cheapo Amazon screen on, with an exhaust hanger so I can lose the pillion hangers. Started running her in, only another 570 miles to go!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yeah, direct from Easy-Grip:

Hillcroft North West Ltd
Subtotal £29.99 GBP
Shipping and handling (with Tracking option)£10.00 GBP
Total £39.99 GBP

$55.50 USD, after conversion.

The problem was, I couldn't really keep myself back, or anywhere else on the bike, unless I was riding bare-knee -- heavy braking.
But as you know, testing the limits of anything isn't a good idea with bare knees, so I had to come up with a solution for riding in [pants that don't grip as well as skin on plastic panels].
Eh, we'll see what happens I guess.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fender Extenders fitted front and rear. The rear hugger isn't easy to remove is it? Hopefully now it wears less crud on the rear subframe and all over the engine.....

·
Registered
2019 KTM Duke 390 w/RapidBike Evo ECU piggyback
84 Posts
I put the fully charged battery (12.77V) back into the bike to see how long it will take to self discharge from the ecu maintenance load of .27milliamperes. Put the cover back on until March 1. This is when I will insure it and start riding again. It was winterized since November 24th! Cannot wait to ride again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bar muffs and topbox moved across from the XSR700, had to remove the handguards for now but not commuting without the muffs - ugly but once you've ridden in winter with them would not be without them. Keep so much cold air/rain off.

·
Registered
2019 KTM Duke 390 w/RapidBike Evo ECU piggyback
84 Posts
Fitted the R & G fender eliminate and some cheap crappy set of levers which I'll be replacing with power parts ones once stock arrives.
Can you please sell me the original fender with any bolts that you need to attach it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
"Can you please sell me the original fender with any bolts that you need to attach it?"

Sorry John I keep all original parts to resell with the bike. Good luck in finding yours

2161 - 2180 of 2209 Posts