KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
2201 - 2220 of 2225 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The stickers are the power parts part # 93008999100. Here's an example of where you can buy it: KTM Style Graphic Kit 390 Duke 17-21

I also bought the pair of the white tank panels, they're only $32 a piece.

The white tank shrouds come without any stickers, so I just used the stickers from the set and applied them. I gotta warn you, it's a bit tricky as the surface of the shroud is in three intersecting planes, so have to be very careful with applying it.
That looks really good with those new decals!

Where did you get those side panels for $32 each? Here in Europe (the Netherlands) I can’t find them for less than 70 euros a piece :(

I am thinking about changing my 2020 Duke from the white to the orange color scheme, but all the required parts and decals together seem to cost at least €300. Is there someone here who knows if these parts can be found for less?

·
Registered
508 Posts
That looks really good with those new decals!

Where did you get those side panels for $32 each? Here in Europe (the Netherlands) I can’t find them for less than 70 euros a piece :(

I am thinking about changing my 2020 Duke from the white to the orange color scheme, but all the required parts and decals together seem to cost at least €300. Is there someone here who knows if these parts can be found for less?
Thank you!

I bought the panels from an OEM parts seller.

I checked KTM 390 Duke, orange, - B.D. Europe 2019 TANK, SEAT - MSP, and you're right, they're EUR70 in Europe! Not sure how they're only $30 in US.

I could sell you my orange panels, but I think the shipping will be prohibitively expensive to Europe. They're not the heaviest parts, but they are not the smallest, either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you!

I bought the panels from an OEM parts seller.

I checked KTM 390 Duke, orange, - B.D. Europe 2019 TANK, SEAT - MSP, and you're right, they're EUR70 in Europe! Not sure how they're only $30 in US.

I could sell you my orange panels, but I think the shipping will be prohibitively expensive to Europe. They're not the heaviest parts, but they are not the smallest, either.
That price difference is really strange.. I tried looking up the shipping costs from the US to the Netherlands. I’m not sure what the cheapest option would be, but I already found this: Country Conditions for Mailing - Netherlands

The economy option doesn’t seem to be very expensive, but I have no idea what the weight and dimensions are. The panels include the decals right? That could still save me a considerable amount of money, if you would be willing to sell them to me of course.

Try Aliexpress.com next time. Most stickers like that are ~$6 with delivery included. There’s a ton of goodies there, but if you’re going after brand name products then the price difference is negligible.
Did you manage to find stickers for the Duke 390 on AliExpress? I searched for a bit but I could only find official Duke decal sets costing upwards of $70.

·
Registered
508 Posts
That price difference is really strange.. I tried looking up the shipping costs from the US to the Netherlands. I’m not sure what the cheapest option would be, but I already found this: Country Conditions for Mailing - Netherlands

The economy option doesn’t seem to be very expensive, but I have no idea what the weight and dimensions are. The panels include the decals right? That could still save me a considerable amount of money, if you would be willing to sell them to me of course.
I'll PM you.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Had first day on track to test the parts and mods. Only had 32km on clock so it was more just run in sessions. But it's amazing little bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just did the first oil change (1,000 km's) on my 2020 Duke 390 and would love to buy the design engineers a beer (or two). Probably the simplest/easiest oil change I've ever done, as everything was easily accessible and placed so that oil didn't drip all over other parts - like the hot exhaust on my BMW K1600 GTL...

I thought that maybe the 2 oil screens PLUS a filter was overkill, but the screen behind the drain plug caught a LOT of grit. Hopefully won't be as bad on future oil changes (post break-in period).

Next up - the (dreaded) valve clearance check :cautious:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just did the first oil change (1,000 km's) on my 2020 Duke 390 and would love to buy the design engineers a beer (or two). Probably the simplest/easiest oil change I've ever done, as everything was easily accessible and placed so that oil didn't drip all over other parts - like the hot exhaust on my BMW K1600 GTL...

I thought that maybe the 2 oil screens PLUS a filter was overkill, but the screen behind the drain plug caught a LOT of grit. Hopefully won't be as bad on future oil changes (post break-in period).

Next up - the (dreaded) valve clearance check :cautious:

View attachment 53311
Hah, come back and update once you've done your valve clearance and spark plug check. The limited space under the tank means it's got to come off before you can even do a simple plug check......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hah, come back and update once you've done your valve clearance and spark plug check. The limited space under the tank means it's got to come off before you can even do a simple plug check......
Yeah, I expect it'll be a little tight for working space in there 😬

That said, I suspect it will be a whole lot better than 30-45 minutes removing tupperware (fairings & body panels), followed by 1.5-2 hours removing the radiator and other crap just to get enough access to do the valve clearance check & spark plug change on my BMW 🤦‍♂️

It was a fairly BIG winter maintenance project:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I installed a lithium battery since I have a Coober ECU set to arrive here hopefully in the next week. It freed up some space to tuck the ECU into the battery compartment and is something that I wanted to buy, anyway.

·
Super Moderator
1,802 Posts
Re-greased the steering head bearings on my Duke 200 from 2012.
No pitting (yet) and she turns as new again.
Having the forks off to install aftermarket inserts so might as well take care of this maintenance point.

·
Registered
Duke 390 (2017 model)
35 Posts
I pushed bike out of garage, then I pushed it back. :D

2201 - 2220 of 2225 Posts