KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
2241 - 2260 of 2262 Posts

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Finally got around to this. The TPS was no joke. Do that one first. Holy crap that was stubborn and I got thin fingers.
View attachment 54448
Very nice indeed ! Did you manage to christen the new addition with a first ride ?

Shop finished up today: Galfer Wavy Rotors (KTM/Gafler wavy fronts and Gafler wavy rear) - Gafler semi-metallic pads front/back - installed Shicane rear shock - and Evans waterless coolant - will pick up next week for Easter Weekend in the Arkansas hills/curvies... excited
Thats a few upgrades in one go ! Gonna ride great 👌 Has the shock been pre ‘set-up’ for you - just leaving you to perhaps fine tune; or ?

·
Registered
Duke 390
245 Posts
Oh God I wish. We got a good dump of snow last night, I got months before the roads are good for cruising. 2 to 3 months is all we get up here unfortunately. T'is a shame
Wow ! That’s even worse than the UK. Barely thought that was possible 🤣

Still; plenty of time for planning, prepping and modding ready for the new season……👌

·
Registered
2017 Duke 390
10 Posts
On Friday morning I fitted the KTM bug screen and the ergo passenger seat to match the ergo front seat :)
The KTM manual for the screen omitted the fact that I had to take the handlebar off to gain access to the bolts in order to get the nuts underneath off.. but apart form that the process is straight forward and took me 15-20 min.
I think the bike looks better and I think the screen helps, but this may be a placebo effect more than the screen itself ;)
Looks great can you share the link for the screen? I’ve been looking and haven’t been able to find one like that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Shop delivered back my Duke this afternoon to my office - broad strokes - bought this 2018 in December with 1485 miles - fresh Michelin Road 5's (with "correct" rear road tire size rather than the OE "chubby" for looks) - Gafler Wavy's front & rear w/fresh OE rotor bolts (Warp 9 Ti's were out of stock when I needed them) w/Gafler semi-metallic pads - Supersprox Stealth 46T Rear Sprocket - Stock Front Sprocket - DID 520VX3 114L chain - RacingBros Shicane HLR Rear Shock (awesome) - Tail Tidy (let my shop pick the 1 of 4 ordered in that would give best solid fitting) - Yoshi R-77 3/4 exhaust - DNA air filter - DNA filter box cover - Fuel Spectrum Pulse P10 Lithium Battery - FuelX (left side handlebar control switch) - PowerTronic "Piggy" (left side handlebar switch to the right of FuelX) .

My "major" stuff is done - and Easter Sunday I will be on the bike over/back about 4 hrs on Arkansas twistie's for a Event I have been asked to attend.

Pics tkane tonight when I left the office - I'm a Parts & Project Enthusiast which is my kick - Monday after Easter I will fill the tank - and put it up for Sale at $5500 - someone will get a Killer 390 - all good to go !

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive design Carbon Rim Automotive exterior

Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Nicely done @fabbrisd!

Functional but aesthetically pleasing upgrades.

Look forward to a report on how it rides.

·
Registered
2020 Duke 390
45 Posts
Finally got everything to get rid of the 3 pound stock lights. Much cleaner look and brighter. Luckily everything came with bullet connectors and a 3rd wire for DRL, so of course my rear came out as red instead of amber initially, until I switched some wires around. Just gotta tighten everything down and wrap up the wires in some sealant tape.

Light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel Bumper

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

·
Registered
735 Posts
Got the old duke up and running. 2016 with 24k miles on it. Installed Gray Area ktm stainless valves, titanium retainers, new valve stem seals, new timing chain, new guides, and "high" compression head gasket kit. Also got a WB2 for super cheap to add to my PCV setup. Did some minor porting on the exhaust port while I was at it.
Watch Bicycle part Font Rim Circle

Font Machine Auto part Gas Metal

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system

Wood Art Auto part Bicycle part Artifact

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part Machine

Product Gas Coin Wood Metal

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally got around to do the wheels matt black, could not be more happy with the result. Took only 3 hours all inclusive, and for $10 it is such a great upgrade. Took it for a one hour sprint afterwards, really loving this bike more and more.
Finally got around to do the wheels matt black, could not be more happy with the result. Took only 3 hours all inclusive, and for $10 it is such a great upgrade. Took it for a one hour sprint afterwards, really loving this bike more and more.
Hey, what exhaust is on your bike? Also where did you get the headlight? It looks sick!

2241 - 2260 of 2262 Posts