KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
2261 - 2280 of 2306 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Installed a Coober air intake, K&N filter, and a PT FuelX today. It makes different noises, the engine braking feels different, but the power feels like it may have gone down a bit? Maybe it's just that the deep growls from the air intake don't sound as powerful, idk.

Waiting on my new exhaust to come in to make some more noise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This ...... Little different, but think mini 1290 Superduke GT (390 Duke GT) The Evotech peg, eliminator sure is quality, and lightweight too..C-Bow mounts, H&B Royster Bags match the Duke looks pretty well.. This is my driver, and will get the most use of all my bikes..The other one i just got would look funny with bags on it..:) Still enjoy the Duke overall beating around on..
Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Crankset Hood Automotive lighting Bicycle tire Wheel
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Administrator
2,610 Posts
Last Friday back from a 3,385 km tour to the north of Laos.
Upon return some parts, ordered in Thailand were in:
  • Lower/upper chain guides
  • handle bar mount rubbers
  • gear shift lever (on the engine)
All done today and next week an oil change, Motorex plus HiFlo oil filter and she will be ready for the next tour.
Hoping petrol stations will have fuel and rainy season is kind 🙃

·
Registered
Duke 390. Surprising huh…..
526 Posts
Last Friday back from a 3,385 km tour to the north of Laos.
Upon return some parts, ordered in Thailand were in:
  • Lower/upper chain guides
  • handle bar mount rubbers
  • gear shift lever (on the engine)
All done today and next week an oil change, Motorex plus HiFlo oil filter and she will be ready for the next tour.
Hoping petrol stations will have fuel and rainy season is kind 🙃
Sounds an epic trip ! I’d love to see a few pics of that ?

What’s the issue with fuel over there ?

·
Administrator
2,610 Posts
If you're on FB, I did post some pics & video's on KTMLaos
The petrol station operators are out of foghrein money, UDS or THB and the selling price in LAK, set by the Gov. is not worth their while selling it.
On my way out of the capital Vientiane, south, the first petrol available was after 200+ km.
1 in every 30 or so stations sells fuel.

Sounds an epic trip ! I’d love to see a few pics of that ?

What’s the issue with fuel over there ?

·
Administrator
2,610 Posts
Today I renewed the front-wheel bearings with a TYGA bearing kit.
Two Koyo (Japan) 6202 bearings, two 22x35x8 dust seals and an aluminium spacer kit
OE spacers weigh 115 grams more so saved on unsprung weight.
The 2 outer spacers 'hook' into the dust seals so these do not fall out when taking the wheel off.
Wednesday my new dash cover will arrive from India and the brake/clutch folding levers from TYGA.
Then, if the rains stay away I'm off again up into the mountains of northern Laos.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Two Koyo (Japan) 6202 bearings, two 22x35x8 dust seals and an aluminium spacer kit
The 2 outer spacers 'hook' into the dust seals so these do not fall out when taking the wheel off.
Wednesday my new dash cover will arrive from India and the brake/clutch folding levers from TYGA.
Then, if the rains stay away I'm off again up into the mountains of northern Laos.
Busy Boy indeed.

You love your TYGA stuff ;) If you find a reliable supplier of quality goods.....why not !

Safe trip if you make it........

·
Administrator
2,610 Posts
I do like their stuff and have, so far, not been disappointed by anything I got there.
The reason for the brake/clutch lever is I have broken/bent 2 in 2 crashes/falls so hope there will hold up.
😄

Busy Boy indeed.

You love your TYGA stuff ;) If you find a reliable supplier of quality goods.....why not !

Safe trip if you make it........

·
Registered
526 Posts
Completed several mods this weekend and I'm very pleased (except for the headache caused by an oil filter cover hex bolt). Next up will probably be front brake and fork mods.
View attachment 54841 View attachment 54842
Very tidy. Cleeeeean indeed. Like the mirrors and tail tidy. Rear footrests / hangers look interesting too !

You considered ‘loosing’ the fork reflectors ?

What are your plans for front forks and brake ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Very tidy. Cleeeeean indeed. Like the mirrors and tail tidy. Rear footrests / hangers look interesting too !

You considered ‘loosing’ the fork reflectors ?

What are your plans for front forks and brake ?
Thanks. I do plan on losing the fork reflectors. I read that fishing line and Goo Gone should do the job without scratching the forks. I'm still reading through people's brake and front fork experiences. Brakes will begin with a lever and pad upgrade, fluid flush and refresh. I'll consider a wave rotor and lines afterwards. The jury is still out on the fork upgrade. I'm going to speak with the suspension guru at the next track day. That Andreani kit is pricey, so I'll weigh cost/benefit and potential alternatives. Perhaps some combination of aftermarket springs and oil will do.

·
Registered
490 Posts
What is this "dash cover" you speak of? Please tell me you found a source for a replacement cluster housing, to replace when the stupid buttons decide to just tear through (such a crappy design)!

·
Administrator
2,610 Posts
String instrument accessory String instrument Wood Guitar accessory Musical instrument accessory

I sourced a new cover for my first gen Duke in India. There are several suppliers but the problem is no one accepts foreign currency payments as it is a headache for the receiver apparently.
These are dirt cheap there though Rupee 600 only.
I ordered 5x through a member on here from India, Musti who went out of his way to help.
Got it fitted yesterday an all is like new again.

What is this "dash cover" you speak of? Please tell me you found a source for a replacement cluster housing, to replace when the stupid buttons decide to just tear through (such a crappy design)!

·
Registered
490 Posts
View attachment 54848
I sourced a new cover for my first gen Duke in India. There are several suppliers but the problem is no one accepts foreign currency payments as it is a headache for the receiver apparently.
These are dirt cheap there though Rupee 600 only.
I ordered 5x through a member on here from India, Musti who went out of his way to help.
Got it fitted yesterday an all is like new again.
Well that blows. They should use PayPal, then the currency conversion would be done automatically..... Do you have a part number or link to the "several suppliers" in India?

2261 - 2280 of 2306 Posts