KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Dukes are some of, if not the coolest nakeds on the market, however not everybody likes being so exposed. Some like the comfort of their skinny fairings and the look of pure speed sitting still. KTM knows this and they are breeding something for those of you perhaps a little unsettled about partying naked or perhaps those of you on the fence between a Duke, CBR or Ninjette...

Meet the RC's....

RC 390

RC 200

RC 125

Based on the same Duke 125 frame as the Duke 200 and Duke 390 are, all three will be officially unveiled at EICMA on November 5th 2013. We already knew for some time that KTM was prepping the RC390 Cup for road duty, but the announcement of RC125 and RC200 is new, and seems like a direct shot at the CBR and Ninjas sporty dominance over new riders. Differences between RC390, RC200 and RC125 are nothing but displacement and a small sticker, chassis and suspensions are exactly the same as on their Duke counterparts.

RC125 will bump out 15 hp in a 279 pound package, good for P/W of 18.6 lbs/HP

RC200 jumps up to 25 horses in a 285 pound package, improving to a P/W of 11.4 lbs/HP

RC390 tops the range off with 43 ponies wrapped in 306 pounds showing a P/W of 7.11 lbs/HP

Now all thats left are fully faired versions of Duke 690 R and the Super Dukes 990 and 1290....

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm quite happy riding a naked bike, but for those that don't like it these bikes by KTM are a sure-fire win. I like the simple and clean look of the RC 125 and 200.

Are these bikes quite the powerhouse that the KTM Duke 390 is though?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
People who don't like naked bikes shouldn't even consider the Duke, might as well take your money elsewhere as a KTM Duke will never look how you want it to.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are those race only bikes? no headlights?
No they're not race only bikes, KTM was just lazy with the marketing pictures. They've just used the fairing from the RC390 Red Bull Cup, thats why the lack of headlights. the RC's should ave nearly identical styling to the Cup bikes with small tweaks to allow streetability. You know, lights, indicators, plate bracket...

The RC390 will differ from the Duke 390 very minimally. So far it looks like the RC is going to have a sportier gearing and a crush of after market accessories.

I cant wait to see the RC go up against the Ninjette and CBRs. I'm betting the RC390 will punch out the CBR500 with no worries...

I would like to get that race tail section, very sexy, oh and dual headlamps please!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts