KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for one its based off the Duke 125. See the Duke 125 is for new riders, something sweet and gentle to ease new riders into well riding. But the 390 takes the 125's diminutive frame and shoves a 373 cc engine between your legs. leaving the Duke 390 nimble yet with the power or something much bigger. Some reviews are claiming the Duke 390 is as nimble in traffic as a bicycle....

Small frame + bigger engine= more wheelies.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think that the KTM Duke 390 is the bike to get if you are wanting to pop wheelies all over town. The thing does a wheelie basically when you touch the throttle. Not for new riders, but fun for those who have a bit of experience. I'm sure there will be or already have been more than a few injuries due to wheelies getting out of control on the Duke.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the biggest perk is going to be sitting in traffic with it. My Ninja 650 isn't bad in traffic but it can be a bit burly. At least the Duke is light and Nimble. Best part is if i get too agitated just cut across some sidewalks and find a side street ;) nothing like a dual sport...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
the biggest perk is going to be sitting in traffic with it. My Ninja 650 isn't bad in traffic but it can be a bit burly. At least the Duke is light and Nimble. Best part is if i get too agitated just cut across some sidewalks and find a side street ;) nothing like a dual sport...
exactly, the ground clearance on it isn't too bad at all, enough to make you do stuff like what you mentioned in the city. just dont let a cop spot you

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
exactly, the ground clearance on it isn't too bad at all, enough to make you do stuff like what you mentioned in the city. just dont let a cop spot you
It's rush hour, they're going to be tied up in grid lock, while i extricate my nimble self. Duke 390 with a nice tidy tail should hide the plate much better than the stock rear fender ;);)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just lane split. no need to go on sidewalks.
thats a bit extreme for me.
No not riding on the sidewalks, just a quick cut across sidewalks to get into a residential area or side street. I do it all the time on my Ninjette but i had to remove the belly fairing because it kept scraping...

Nothing that obscene believe me :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts