KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
There is no set tyre pressure as the variables are to different for, what temperature you ride in, how long in 1 go you ride, your weight etc. 2.0 bar is a good starting point (cold). Try riding the same stretch of road with varied pressures (1.9, 1.8, 1.7, 2.1 cold) to feel what is right for you. Also take into consideration when you're riding with a pillion to add a 0.2 bar to the rear (cold).

·
Registered
Duke 390. Surprising huh…..
526 Posts
Per recommendations on this forum i have installed a 140/70 for my rear. I am yet to judge the results. But i was wondering if this size should run the same recommendation of 29 psi that is given for the 150/60 size?

Would appreciate any insight.
Good luck with tyre pressures.......

I'd be REALLY interested to hear your thoughts on the smaller tyre size too; once you've had a few rides.

Welcome to the forum BTW 🖐

·
Registered
64 Posts
KTMasean is, of course, quite correct. But as a basis I have used 29 psi both on the road and on the track and been quite happy. 140/70-17 S22.

Anecdotally, my last low key "instructional" track day saw a dry morning getting wetter during the day until the last session was torrential with a lot of standing water. The S22s were mega with very little loss of pace even in the wettest conditions. Nice grippy track though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I run the 29psi… i do put in 31psi when I have my wife or daughter on the back… I am also running the 140 rear… handles loads better and I use every bit of the tread… added benefit is usually a lighter tire also…
You say it handles loads better… do you mean if the bike is heavily loaded it feels better- or- it handles much better with the 140 in general?

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
Good explanation here:

Per recommendations on this forum i have installed a 140/70 for my rear. I am yet to judge the results. But i was wondering if this size should run the same recommendation of 29 psi that is given for the 150/60 size?

Would appreciate any insight.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just another opinion, of course...

I weigh in at about 71 kilos, and I've been running the Bridgestone S-series 140s for a while now.
I use my bike to commute, so I really hafta work at getting a chance to wear the edges off, right around.

They are actually a smidge taller than the 150/60-17s the bike originally came with, but of course they fit the rims and retain their form better, just as everyone here has indicated.

If I only had one additional thing to add, it would be,

but OMG THESE THINGS STICK TO THE ASPHALT WHEN THEY DROP TO 25 psi !!!!! 😁

1 - 12 of 12 Posts