KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My black plasti dip has arrived. Though the orange has grown on me I still think she'd look more bad ass with black wheels.

Now I'm thinking maybe a cool design? Maybe simple like split it down the middle, half black half orange. What do you guys think?

Any photoshop gurus here who could test some options?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Orange and white looks better, think Duke 1290 prototype rims with the KTM Racing written on them. At the end of the day each to their own cause its the owner that sits for hours looking at their shed mural ;)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
My black plasti dip has arrived. Though the orange has grown on me I still think she'd look more bad ass with black wheels.

Now I'm thinking maybe a cool design? Maybe simple like split it down the middle, half black half orange. What do you guys think?

That would be cool. I wish I knew photoshop so i can put together some of my ideas but im sure you can come up with something. Plasti dip is cheap. Just experiment yourself, it's easy to remove it, it's VERY forgiving unlike real paint.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I like the idea of having one spoke orange better than half and half. I think the Duke would look good either way. You'l have to experiment with it and bring us back some photos.

·
Registered
533 Posts
how about something along the lines of the 1290 superduke...

love how confused the rims look LOL

or you could do one wheel black, one orange...

·
Registered
573 Posts
My plasti-dip arrived today too ...
i think i buy 2 can short ... 1 wheel will consume about 2 to 3 cans ...
do you prime your rims with primer ? and do you buy the glossifier too ?

if you have done your .. i'm happy that you can give some pointer ...
im planning this Saturday to paint up my wheels ... from Orangee to Glossy Black ...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haven't done mine yet I bought 3 cans. Hope it's enough. I will do it sometime next two weeks. I think I will go full black then buy the orange perimeter rim sticker from ebay.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I dont think powder coating is cheaper at all... plus like Dusty said if he dont like it, it peels off, and if he does like it he can swap colours on a whim ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
the glossifier makes a differene

depends if you like the matte look
I have seen the glossifiers on display but haven't seen any results yet. And they even have metallic coat too. This plasti dip thing is really blowing up.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts