KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KTM 390 Duke
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't ridden my 2020 390 Duke much and saw that the chain was loose. Only have 100 miles on it. I had a breaker bar to loosen the rear axle nut, but found that it wasn't tight. Maybe 10 ft. lbs. at most. Mentioning this as a caution to check the axle nut torque even on a new bike because either my dealer adjusted the chain and then didn't torque the nut, or it came from the factory that way.

·
Registered
2020 KTM 390 Duke
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a pre-sales check and should have been done by your dealer.
There was a paint mark on the nut, like other bolts and nuts on the bike, which makes me wonder if they actually checked any of them. The nut was loose enough that I think that's why the chain was so loose with only 100 miles on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
1,946 Posts
I would ask the place I bought the bike from and would check all the major bolts myself to be sure. The rear axle/spindle wheel nut torque is 98Nm.

·
Registered
2020 KTM 390 Duke
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would ask the place I bought the bike from and would check all the major bolts myself to be sure. The rear axle/spindle wheel nut torque is 98Nm.
Thanks. Saw that in the manual and set it to 72 lb. ft. That's why I assumed it would need the breaker bar to loosen it, but it didn't. The manual shows the same torque for the swing arm, so I'll check that, along with anything else that seems critical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts