KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I too would love an answer to this question. I've called a number of KTM dealers here in Houston, none of them knew.

I've seen three dates so far - December this year, and January and March next year. Have been trying to call KTM USA but so far just get voicemail.

Will report back if I hear anything else.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Thanks for contacting both the dealer and KTM USA about it, hopefully they get back to you in good timing, sending them an email might also be worth trying.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Cheers - will send an email too. Can't hurt

·
Registered
250 Posts
KTM just got back to me. Sadly no news - apparently no decision yet as to whether or not the 390 will be available in the US. A decision will be made by the end of the year I'm told.

Wonder how hard it would be to import one from Mexico.......

·
Registered
533 Posts
KTM just got back to me. Sadly no news - apparently no decision yet as to whether or not the 390 will be available in the US. A decision will be made by the end of the year I'm told.

This is starting to get on my NERVES! This thing was supposed to of been here near two years ago and now they're flip flopping on the decision. GAH.

I think the real problem is the dealer network on our side of the lake, they all cater to the dirt crowd. Truthfully even if they do eventually bring the Duke over I fear that people simply won't know, or care...

That new R3 is looking appealing, only 2 ponies short of the RC390... at least we know that one is CONFIRMED :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

I think getting is across the boarder though customs may be a bit difficult, I have heard stories where people have had a some trouble getting vehicles across that they want to import.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Re Mexico - I've had a small look into that. One of the main issues is that the bike would have to be DOT certified, and since KTM haven't done it for the 390 yet, I'd have to do it myself. Not sure what it would entail, but also not sure I have the energy for that. Am crossing my fingers that KTM will decide that they want to sell the 390 in the US market.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My information is that both the 390 Duke and 390 RC will be making it to the USA, and are scheduled to start arriving at dealers some time in March of next year. Pricing is expected to be between Honda's 300cc and 500cc offerings.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Different department of transport, the certifications are national, not international.

·
Registered
573 Posts
hmm .. i wonder those custom bikes are legal in the USA ... wheres DUKE aren't ... darn ... i feel you... USA .... i'm starting to err ... thinking to sell it of for a HD48 .... hmmm.....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Latest rumors from the dealerships close to me in Cincinnati, March.

Prices: Duke 390 $4999
RC 390. $5500

let us know if you see ones for sale. Where and how much would be helpful. I will keep you posted from Cincinnati Ohio USA.
-Tod

1 - 19 of 19 Posts