KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

Which 2013 KTM Duke Model Are You Getting?

• KTM 200 Duke

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • KTM 390 Duke ABS

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • KTM 690 Duke

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • KTM 690 Duke R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KTM 990 Super Duke R

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
1st batch of Duke 390 will available on the road in Malaysia by 1~2nd week of November. :). Just Launch last week 16 October. Currently in Malaysia we have:

CKD Version (assemble by KTM Motonation, Malaysia)
1# Duke 200
2# Duke 390 (2013) - Coming Soon, November 2013
3# Duke 690
4# Duke 690 R (2013) - Recently launch sometime in September 2013

CBU - Fully Import
1# Duke 990 R

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1st batch of Duke 390 will available on the road in Malaysia by 1~2nd week of November. :). Just Launch last week 16 October. Currently in Malaysia we have:

CKD Version (assemble by KTM Motonation, Malaysia)
1# Duke 200
2# Duke 390 (2013) - Coming Soon, November 2013
3# Duke 690
4# Duke 690 R (2013) - Recently launch sometime in September 2013

CBU - Fully Import
1# Duke 990 R
Any idea when you guys will get the RC390? Seems like you guys will get it before anyone.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got word that the Super Duke models will be available at dealers in the UK around december 2013. better get your orders in now!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Got the 690 because its the only one available in the US
@vizcarmb

I plan to pick up the 690 as well maybe during spring time. If you don't mind me asking what made you go with the 690 rather than the 690R or even 990? Just want a second opinion before pulling the trigger. :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
DustyDan

The reason I got it is that the regular 690 is the inky model offered here in the US. It also suits all my riding needs. I don't take it to the track and I mainly just commute and some occasional back roads. It has the right amount of power and gets about 48mpg for my semi agressive riding.

·
Registered
200 Posts
DustyDan

The reason I got it is that the regular 690 is the inky model offered here in the US. It also suits all my riding needs. I don't take it to the track and I mainly just commute and some occasional back roads. It has the right amount of power and gets about 48mpg for my semi agressive riding.
@vizcarmb

Sounds about right, that is what I intend on buying the 690 for as well. But I will eventually try to take it to the track at least once. 48mpg is good for the bike it is. Have you gone through your first oil change yet?

and if you don;t mind can you post a picture of your 690? :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I actually did my 1st service yesterday. I bought the oil service kit, which contains 2 oil filters, 2 oil screens, gaskets, and 2 oil screen plugs. I was surprised how small the kit was. The only issue I had when doing the service was trying wipe off all the oil off the exhaust and engine. If you don't get all the oil off, the heat will just burn it off. I also only added about 1.7l of oil. You can add less because when I used the right amount like the manual stated it filled it up all the way to the top line

·
Registered
200 Posts
I actually did my 1st service yesterday. I bought the oil service kit, which contains 2 oil filters, 2 oil screens, gaskets, and 2 oil screen plugs. I was surprised how small the kit was. The only issue I had when doing the service was trying wipe off all the oil off the exhaust and engine. If you don't get all the oil off, the heat will just burn it off. I also only added about 1.7l of oil. You can add less because when I used the right amount like the manual stated it filled it up all the way to the top line
where did you get the service kit from?

Yeah I found out the hard way before too when I started her up it started smoking and freaked me out. I thought the drain plug was loose but it was actually the oil that dripped on to the headers that was burning. So the next time I wrapped the headers with newspaper and a towel. you live and you learn ;)

Do you have plans to change out the air filter to a K&N or...?

·
Registered
5 Posts
where did you get the service kit from?

Yeah I found out the hard way before too when I started her up it started smoking and freaked me out. I thought the drain plug was loose but it was actually the oil that dripped on to the headers that was burning. So the next time I wrapped the headers with newspaper and a towel. you live and you learn ;)

Do you have plans to change out the air filter to a K&N or...?
I bought it at KTMworld.com bought 2 at the price of 67 each plus shipping. I compared both ktm twins and ktm parts and ktmworld was the cheapest.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm looking at the 200. Don't have the money to be spending tons, and for my first bike I don't think I will be missing the extra power. Then once I make my first million I will be able to upgrade to something a bit more powerful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts