KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....With the Duke 390

1. Power

The Duke 200 was more than capable of competing in the quarter liter segment, but the Duke 390, well thats one that doesn't just compete but punches well out of its weight class. Capable of dismantling the quarters and slugging it out with the CBR500, The Duke 390 seems to find that beautiful Goldilocks spot between under powered quarter and over powered beginners rig. With 43 HP and standard ABS who's going to complain :D

2. Colours

If you thought Kawasaki Candy Green was iconic you've been under a rock for too long. Granted KTM has only recently become a legitimate player in the road bike scene, but nonetheless no one will mistake your bike for anything else as you howl down the street in a flash of blazing orange with a thumping single strapped between your legs.

3. ABS Toggle

The ABS system in the Duke 390 is shared with the king pin Super Dukes, its an ultra advanced system from Bosch and it flat out will embarrass the system on CBR. Coolest feature to me is the toggle switch, keep it off for the majority but should you find yourself on wet tarmac have no fear, the switch is here!

4. Tall 6th

Should be great for longer distance riding, settle into a nice comfortable 6th and go. Hopefully some of you current owners can chime in, I've read that the Duke 390 can become a bit buzzy up in the double digit RPMs...

5. The Frame

The Duke 200 took the top 6 positions in the 2012 Raid de Himalaya Rally. Granted it was motivated by the 200 mill but the chassis was the same, lightweight tubular space frame and masses grouped in the centre do nothing but evoke images of back road carving on a lonely Sunday.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I agree on most of it except the comment about the ABS system in the CBR. That one is combined as opposed to the Bosch 9M found in the D390 which is a standard one. The combined system is something you can only find in bigger bikes such as the 1190 Adventure. The difference? It evenly distributes pressure on both brakes (rear and front) no matter if you just hit the front brake.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree on most of it except the comment about the ABS system in the CBR. That one is combined as opposed to the Bosch 9M found in the D390 which is a standard one. The combined system is something you can only find in bigger bikes such as the 1190 Adventure. The difference? It evenly distributes pressure on both brakes (rear and front) no matter if you just hit the front brake.
I like the Bosch system because it incorporates TC and SC as well...

Motorcycle Stability Control

·
Registered
520 Posts
Exclusiveness has alot to do with it as well

KTM is a rare sight regardless of where you live. (unless you live across the street from the factory or test track)

They are high performance options with very unique designs.
Made with lots of quality parts as opposed to the competition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts