KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very Nice! What SkidPlate is that?
Kaveman
It's the stock skid plate off my KTM 1190 Adventure - slightly modified and attached to the stock mounts that hold the 390 air dam. Luckily I mounted this to her bike as she took some big hits riding over the rock off road this past weekend coming home from the Overland Expo. We are working on mounting the KTM 1190 skid plate to the 390 and attaching it to the frame crash bars to get it away from using the case mounts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The second picture looks absolutely ravishing. Nicely kempt! What's not to like on this little Duke setup you've got.

Cheers!
V
Thank you!

The little Duke has been performing great - we just got back from a little trip to the California mountains and Death Valley (800 mile run). Death Valley eventually got to 118 degrees >:D

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great!

It would be ideal if someone could develop a pattern to be used by Duke owners for locally made skid plates fitting the Duke 390 crash/engine bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We hope to mount the skid plate that fits my KTM 1190 later this year - I will submit picks once we figure it all out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi ....
I think I´ve found my "twin brother" over there... Myself are running a 1190 Adventure R and recently I bought a 390 Duke for my wife. It will be equipped with knobby tires, skid plate and different wind screen.
To improve the jerky engine a PCV, K&N filter and Akrapovic copy exhaust from China.

If you have some close up pics of the mounting of the 1190 skidplate I would be happy...

Regards
Christer
Sweden

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi ....
I think I´ve found my "twin brother" over there... Myself are running a 1190 Adventure R and recently I bought a 390 Duke for my wife. It will be equipped with knobby tires, skid plate and different wind screen.
To improve the jerky engine a PCV, K&N filter and Akrapovic copy exhaust from China.

If you have some close up pics of the mounting of the 1190 skidplate I would be happy...

Regards
Christer
Sweden
Thanks Christer,

Nice to see others going the same route. We've been out of the country - I'll try and get a picture of the skid plate. It is nothing fancy, I just made it work. And it takes a pretty good beating for a temporary solution.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts