KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it says here that it will not fit. But someone told me it would and I would like to confirm with you guys. Thanks in advanced.

13902B2E-D5EE-4FC6-926E-A18F5AD0E1B8.png

·
Registered
317 Posts
I would buy iridium. I don’t know if that one fits but there should be a cross reference chart on the web somewhere. I would never trust amazon descriptions though

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Hi Skelly,
They do fit and will last you a **** of a lot longer than the OEM Bosh or NGK LKAR8A-9.
As it is a pain to take out the plug I think it is worth the change.
I have been running this plug in my 200 for 20,000+ km, took it out last month to check it and still brand new.
In earlier discussions on here, the concern was that this plug might run the bike hotter.
The fact is that the temp category is the same (or even a little cooler) than the OEM Bosch plug.
The pic of the plug shown in the Amazon post is a bit misleading as the thread length and width are different.
That price is great as well, I paid Euro 22 per plug the last time.
Go for it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Skelly,
They do fit and will last you a **** of a lot longer than the OEM Bosh or NGK LKAR8A-9.
As it is a pain to take out the plug I think it is worth the change.
I have been running this plug in my 200 for 20,000+ km, took it out last month to check it and still brand new.
In earlier discussions on here, the concern was that this plug might run the bike hotter.
The fact is that the temp category is the same (or even a little cooler) than the OEM Bosch plug.
The pic of the plug shown in the Amazon post is a bit misleading as the thread length and width are different.
That price is great as well, I paid Euro 22 per plug the last time.
Go for it.
Thank you very much for your reply and your insight!! I have purchased the plug and plan on changing it out myself.

Quick question. At how many miles do you think I should replace the original spark plug? I just hit 2000 miles on my duke.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am currently using NGK Laser iridium LKAR8AI-9 for my duke 390 2017 model, been using for 6000++ km so far I have not encountered any problems with it...

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Skelly,

According to my Duke 200 manual (2012 model) every 5,000 km.
The Iridium at least doubles the amount of km's to change the plug.
I am well over 10,000 km on the 200, my 390 still runs the Bosch OEM plug but I will soon change that 1 to this NGK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts