KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - I’m looking for anyone’s success with an aftermarket large windscreen for my ‘18 orange beauty. The Puig exact-fit looks nice but I’m hoping for something larger that will make highway riding more pleasant. Thanks all, BrianKS in Burlington, Ont

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just found a string under General Discussions - helpful although not really encouragIng. I’ll follow up with Cacko, a Polish company that seems to have the product with the protection I’m after. Interesting that KTM and its dealers are pretty silent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone have experience with MRA screens for 17-18 Duke 390? I heard about the Rafale, a universal mount one that looks good. Thanks, BrianKS

·
Registered
25 Posts

I just put mine on from Amazon. Looks exactly like the Puig but for only $34 from Amazon. I haven’t had it on the highway yet but it seems to make a little bit of difference. Not huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BrianKS

·
Registered
69 Posts

I just put mine on from Amazon. Looks exactly like the Puig but for only $34 from Amazon. I haven’t had it on the highway yet but it seems to make a little bit of difference. Not huge.

Looks like you’ve got the same one I do. I’ve taken a few big rides with it now and I’m pretty happy with it. It’s tall enough take the pressure off my chest, but short enough not to rattle my helmet at high speed. Cruising 80 is quite comfortable now.
The one downside is it seems to be effected by dirty air from cars and trucks, causing some mild shake. Easily fixed by passing them though! It’s not a big deal for me though as I live in the country and rarely ride in dense traffic. Well worth the $40 or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Do you have a Amazon link or the name of the maker? I'm looking for a shield and that looks alright with a good price to!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you have a Amazon link or the name of the maker? I'm looking for a shield and that looks alright with a good price to!

KEMIMOTO Fits KTM Duke 390 125 Windshield Windscreen 2017 2018 2019 Black

·
Registered
82 Posts
Awesome man! Thank you very much!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just ordered it! Should have Tuesday, will post pics.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just be careful with the plastic. It scratches very easily.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yup, at least itll match all my other scratchy stuff.

Reactions: KTMJOHN

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well....it came pre-scratched and glued on plastic wrap....hopefully they'll send a replacement. I installed it anyway....brackets were abit off...a little tweaking and its fine.

And how do I make the pic not sideways lol

Attachments

Reactions: KTMJOHN

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well....it came pre-scratched and glued on plastic wrap....hopefully they'll send a replacement. I installed it anyway....brackets were abit off...a little tweaking and its fine.

And how do I make the pic not sideways lol

Mine came the same way. Had a big blemish where something was stuck to it. Amazon sent me a replacement that was much better.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just got confirmation, getting a new one sent today.

·
Registered
693 Posts
These big screens are quite popular, are they effective in reducing wind blast?

They don’t do much for the looks of the bike either, but that clear one above doesn’t look too bad l suppose.

·
Registered
25 Posts
These big screens are quite popular, are they effective in reducing wind blast?

They don’t do much for the looks of the bike either, but that clear one above doesn’t look too bad l suppose.

To be honest, I hadn’t ridden the bike a whole lot before I put the windscreen on. The first 50 miles were done with an older HJC helmet I had. That helmet was awful. It didn’t have a chin guard and head buffeting was terrible. I purchased a new Shoei GT Air helmet and it was SO much better. It’s much quieter and less buffeting. I’ve ridden about 50 miles with the windscreen and I don’t notice much buffeting. I’d say it helps but not tremendously. It’s still a naked bike.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm sick and I havent had time to try it..hopefully Friday I'll start commuting with it again. I'm hoping to deflect small rocks with it more than wind blocking, although when the rains start I ll hope it helps lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would like to hear everyone’s opinions on if the windscreen really helps. I was considering the Amazon one. I mainly ride mine to commute, but would like one for longer trips. Are there any that you can easily take on and off when you don’t want it that anyone knows about?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Your helmet can make a big difference as mentioned above both to noise and buffeting.
I have the small KTM screen mainly for looks (covers up the dodgy bit between headlamp and display)
I previously had an old Roof Diversion helmet, bought a new Arai and it’s so much quieter.
Also l had the KTM handguards fitted, and removing those unexpectedly reduced wind noise/buffeting a fair bit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Similar experience to KTMJOHN. I put the Puig screen on my bike early on so I don't have much to compare to. It doesn't feel much different to me than the wind I got from my no screened, naked SV650 though. I'm 50/50 on the looks. From the wrong angle it makes the bike look odd to me. From other angles it makes the stock mirrors look better.

That being said I get a ton of compliments on it. My screen is also orange so it throws a cool looking orange shadow. Which is oddly a plus for me.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts