KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wiring some turn signals that have a day time running light, anyone know what wire I should tap into to receive the power for this? My best guess would be wiring into the headlight, but does anyone know what wire from the plug that goes into the headlight would be the actual wire to tap into?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Look at the wiring diagram. You can download it in this forum.

What is your idea when this day time running light should be on?
If you want that it depends on the headlight than that's bad luck for you. Because the headlight does not have separate inputs for the different light conditions. The state of the headlight is controlled via the CAN-Bus connection and it can't easily be accessed. The information about the headlight with the CAN-Bus is about the >=2017 model. I don't know the wiring of the previous model.

If it's good enough for you that the day time running light is always on then just use one of the 12V wires (also see wiring diagram).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here in the mountains I noticed the the motorcycles that I spotted the soonest were ADV types w/ running ligths down low and out on the crash bars, so I did next best thing. Didn't use diagram, sometimes they are wrong, just followed the wires. I did it by just using led strips and tapping into the low beam wire for running lights and cut/spliced turns signal wires.

Had to do it w/ two sets of strips one set for the turn signals and the other for running lights. Despite the led strips being made for BOTH turn signal and running when I hooded them up that way it would get "confused" and start wig-waging. For some reason when I wired them separately they work fine. Pic shows running lights on and turn signal starting-it light up from inside to outside pointing in direction of turn.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts