KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Like the title says, I'm looking for someone who's willing to sell their stock exhaust? 2017 Duke 390

PM me if you've got one for sale! Thanks in advance!

Aloha,
Todd

·
Registered
609 Posts
When I search various parts stores online, I get a diagram of the same exhaust as the 2015 - 16. :(

I assume you are referring to the Euro4 compliant pipe with the external muffler?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Where are you located? When I search for that part number, it come back anywhere between roughly $200 all the way up to almost $300. It almost might be better to find yourself a slip on. I also did the DB killer removal to my stock muffler, but if you still want it shoot me a fair offer and we can figure it out. Im in the US, so if your anywhere other than that its probably not gonna be feasible for shipping.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Where are you located? When I search for that part number, it come back anywhere between roughly $200 all the way up to almost $300. It almost might be better to find yourself a slip on. I also did the DB killer removal to my stock muffler, but if you still want it shoot me a fair offer and we can figure it out. Im in the US, so if your anywhere other than that its probably not gonna be feasible for shipping.
Sorry to highjack this thread. But when I read about your modified exhaust I though maybe you can tell us your experience with the DB killer removed exhaust compared to whatever you have now (I guess no stock exhaust).
I think about the DB killer removal myself. But I don't want to do this if the sound it not much better or any problems and then maybe I end up buying an aftermarket part. What is your experience?

I theory I would be interested to buy it but I live in Thailand and I guess shipping would be too expensive and maybe I would even have to pay tax and customs here..

·
Registered
25 Posts
So it actually sounded really good removing the stock DB killer. The sound level wasnt to bad, and its really simple to do. If you dont have access because of emissions to after market exhausts, I highly recommend this mod. All you need is a 1 1/2 inch hole saw and some kind of cutting oil. I only went to a full system because I wanted the weight reduction of removing the cat and pre muffler black box. Im running a Power commander and wide band commander and figured I might as well squeeze every bit of power I can out of it. I went with the remus full system, and Im running it without the DB killer also, but its really really loud, with the DB killer in it was really raspy and poppy, without it its more like a roar, but like I said, its really loud. It would probably cost more than its worth to ship it over to you. A whole saw would only cost you about 20 dollars.

I basically followed this guys guide

theres other videos of people doing it but they're using smaller hole saws. I used 1 1/2 inches. Its a perfect fit and looks alot cleaner. Youll need to run a small fine tooth file in there for a few passes to really dress it up and clean up some of the burs but it was really really easy. The whole process took me about 10 minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts