KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
My wee Duke in it's Duke House.

Made it a bit longer and put a floor in it to reduce damp.
Been reading up on classic car storage, dew points etc and have decided to insulate and heat the Duke House. Been putting breathable felt then 25mm polystyrene on the inside. I'll put 4mm hardboard over it later.

Fitted a digital controller (switching a 1000w fan heater), remote temperature and humidity monitor and watt meter.

The space is so small I can't imagine it costing much to keep the temperature up to 10°c in winter when finished, it's a work in progress though so I'll see how it goes.

The bike must never be put away wet of course.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would recommend to install some ventilation or you will end up with condensation buildup when the temp fluctuates

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would recommend to install some ventilation or you will end up with condensation buildup when the temp fluctuates

What I've learnt so far...

The insulation and heater will reduce temperature fluctuations.

Ventilation will let damp air in as it warms up outside.

As long as the bike temperature is above the dew point it should be ok.

Draughty garages are good for wet vehicles, the bike will always be dry when put away.

Dew point map:

Dew Point, Map: United Kingdom : Current weather

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have to know, what did you do to your DRL´s?
Looks cool!
I did open the headlight and take out the withe drl and with a lampfoil cover it and place it back;)

Lots of work .....just what you say looks cool...like his big brother thats where my idea come from...Super duke r 1290

Also got the mirrors of the super duke on my bike

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did open the headlight and take out the withe drl and with a lampfoil cover it and place it back;)

Lots of work .....just what you say looks cool...like his big brother thats where my idea come from...Super duke r 1290

Also got the mirrors of the super duke on my bike
I know the amount of work it is, as I do have an extra headlight for another bike project I was planning. They are tough as f*** to get a hold of though, I´ve only seen two headlamps for sale, EVER. Had my mind set on this light since the 390 2017 came out..
I actually bought the whole rear (yes it was welded to the frame) end of an 390 2012 also, to install on the project bike.
Long story short; I sold the project bike and bought the whole duke instead. Ironically from the same dealership I originally bought the 2012 rear end from.

Thanks for the tip, by the way!
I will def add some foil to it though, when I get around to start another project :D

21 - 40 of 61 Posts