KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Took my duke to a recetrack last Saturday. What a blast! This bike is meant for trackdays. On this short and very technical track I had no problem to keep up with much powerfull bikes or even overtake :)
I have also just passed the 5 mark :D
I´ve only ridden it on a small gokart track though, as I don´t have any big boy tracks nearby yet.>:D
The handling is impressive however, it is light as air. No wonder they keep up with the bigger bikes on shorter tracks ;)

·
Registered
463 Posts

ready for the winter months in storage.
contemplating writing an ad to offer it for trade for a Yamaha wr250f as I own two street bikes. The 390 doesn’t get ridden much, and I would like a dirt bike AND street bike

·
Registered
468 Posts
Nice lean!

Also, your Duke seems proportional to your height, sort of like Moto GP riders (who are all about 165-170cm tall, from what I understand) seem very proportional to their bikes. I think I (5'10", 178cm) look too tall on my Duke. Of course, Moto GP bikes are also much larger than the baby Duke =)

Please roast me.

·
Registered
120 Posts

Keep eyeing the super duke. side profile of the 2019 looks better than the 2020. but it's not about looks, right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
nice, what tyres are those btw?

knobblies look good on the duke actually, seen some with real aggressive knobs that look menancing. might go for that but not sure if it would affect the ride and handling on paved roads.
They are Shinko E705. They grip well and dont really feel different in the corners, but their extra rotational weight does slightly blunt performance. However the same weight gives a sense of stability and makes it feel like a bigger more serious bike at the same time, and it feels pretty cool getting it low on a curve

·
Registered
120 Posts
With the breaking weather, been riding on dry salty roads, ICK!, and dirt roads too. Roads are clearing, so decided to wash and add fresh oil & filter. Fresh Pirellis are next - replaced the rear once last year, need to replace both now.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts