KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

721 - 733 of 733 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been riding most of my life - from Rupp Scrambler, Hodaka, Elsinore, MotoGuzzi, BMW, Triumph, Buell, Ducati and more. Bought 2018 390 Duke just for fun on twisties around Austin, commuting, errands, etc. This thing may be the most fun bike I've owned. It's.....just....FUN!! Besides, I think every lifetime should include a KTM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all! Just joined after seeing a post on ktmforums.com, great looking site and good idea as I am only ever on the duke forum anyhow.

So I live in the South West of the UK and I have a 2013 Duke 690, new to KTMs since I bought her about 3 months ago, already covered over 2000 miles and counting with the biggest grin ever.

Hi mate......I'm in the south west too...…….. actually was on my way to get a 690R when my 390 came up for sale, was basically half the price which clinched it really...…...awesome little bike though. Massive grin factor...… :giggle:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I just joined the 390 club, but actually I have Duke 125 2019. I have read many great topics here before so I though I will join. About my 125 - Well I'm building it for kart track, street commuting and for a little touring (so I have side bags, rear seat for gf and so on). Anyone who wonder why the **** 125cc? In short - I just love them. I could bought the 790 instead last year, but it was not for me. For me it's not just about enjoying the power, but the fun and overall experience to have. I also have big ideas how to improve it further and it kind of reminds me the 890 R Duke version over the 790, so I called the project 125 R. As it hopefully be one ultimate 125 to have. Mods list I have done already is quite big, but there is still things to come. I also look forward to your help, and maybe some of you can help me with those questions?

Questions I have already:

Does Andreani cartridges for Duke 390 17+ will fit for Duke 125 17+ ?

Does anyone has put Brembo master cylinder to Duke 125?

Does anyone rides with quick shifter on 125 Duke?

Does anyone knows how much 140/70 - 17 tire is lighter than 150/60 - 17?

Also I have mini blog : KTM Duke 125R | Team 11 and IG where you can see the pictures of it: Login • Instagram

Stay safe!

·
Super Moderator
1,040 Posts
Hi Duke125R,

Welcome to the forum.
I believe the forks are all the same so the Andreani inserts will more likely fit (check with Andreani?)
I have installed a Frando MC on my 390 Duke; 7NB Vertical Master Cylinder - Short
On my 390 Duke I run a QS in combination with a PowerTRONIC piggyback.
The weight difference between 140 and 150 will depend on the type of tyre.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi KTMasean, Thanks! I have contacted the Andreani, but they can't confirm it. Yes they look identical, but so far its in theory.
I have also have question about the MC you have, will it change the braking effect on machines with ABS on? I mean the ABS will kill the feel and power anyway? But maybe I am wrong about it.
Yeah on 390 the QS is quite common and I think the new Indian market one has it already in standard.
About the tire, maybe someone can give me an example?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
435 Posts
125 forks have a different part number to the 390 so they are not the same. However, I suspect given outside dimensions appear the same the difference is in the internals so I suppose the 390 has different in springs/oil etc so I see no reason why replacement internal would not work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
125 forks have a different part number to the 390 so they are not the same. However, I suspect given outside dimensions appear the same the difference is in the internals so I suppose the 390 has different in springs/oil etc so I see no reason why replacement internal would not work.
Hi Mirius, Yes, that's what we though also. But I am curious if anybody has done it and can confirm me that it works. If not, I guess I will be the first one to find out someday. Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to KTMDukeForum.com - we are the internet's friendliest KTM Duke site dedicated to the 2013+ KTM Duke! We're all bikers and enthusiasts who love/hate the bike; and we'd like to get you know you a bit better.

Please post here your introductions; tell us a bit more about yourself. Who are you, what do you ride, how long have you been riding, are you excited/angry about the KTM Duke, and anything else you want us to know about yourself.

---
Your KTM Duke Admins

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, I’m new to the KTM family. Just purchased a 2017 orange 390 a week ago. It only had 133 miles! Got a screaming deal on it!

721 - 733 of 733 Posts